John White, the Chairman of Persimmon Plc started his working life on site as an apprentice bricklayer.
- There are a wide range of opportunities available on our sites for skilled and non-skilled operatives.
- All sites have a Fork-Lift Driver to ensure our trades people have a supply of materials.
- Depending on the development, others working on site may be directly employed by the Company or engaged on a sub-contract basis.
- Groundworkers undertake a wide range of general labouring duties.
- Skilled trades people such as Bricklayers, Joiners, Plasterers, Painters, Roofers or Electricians will attend on site at the appropriate stage of construction when their skills are required.
- The Company is committed to bringing new talent into the industry and many sites will employ an Apprentice. They will be learning a trade before progressing to work for the company or one of our sub-contractors.
- Many apprentices have since progressed to managerial roles and found the time spent on-site invaluable in their future career – just ask John White!