Current Recruitment Activity
2016 has seen continued growth in our business which has led to more and more exciting jobs being made available at all levels and in multiple disciplines across the whole of our Group.
As the first company of our kind to enter the FTSE 100, we are the UK’s leading house builder and as such, we are in a position to offer a wide range of long-term career opportunities at whatever stage you are at in your career.
Elsewhere on this website you will find details of all the current vacancies in our organisation and you can search for them by job type or by location.
If you do not see the ideal job for you, we would still like you to register your Profile so you can be kept up to date with details of new opportunities as and when they become available. We would also welcome your speculative application to firstname.lastname@example.org, from where your details will be forwarded to the Persimmon business closest to your home address.
As well as the wide variety of mainstream roles advertised, we also have the following initiatives which are adding to the breadth of opportunities within the Group, both for experienced personnel as well as those looking for their first job in house building - or even their first job! These include:
- Trade Apprentices; if you are a recent school leaver there are apprentice places on offer this year with all our operating businesses. Click on the dedicated page on this web site for further details.
- Trainees; we have an excellent range of Trainee Opportunities on our developments and also in the offices. Whether you have a degree or are leaving school or college we have a very wide range of openings; ranging from Site Management and Sales on site, to numerous Technical roles in the offices such as Panning, Quantity Surveying and Buying.
- Armed Forces Personnel; we recognise that your military background will have given you skills and experience that are easily transferable into our business and there are openings at all levels across the Company and applications are welcomed from all Services, including the Reserve Forces. The Company has signed the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant and works in partnership with the CTP, the FHP, RCS and SaBRE. Click on the Ex-Forces Personnel link to find out more about “Combat to Construction” with Persimmon.
- Up-skill to Construction; is a recent initiative for those who are looking for a change of career or thought it was too late to choose the construction industry. We are looking for motivated and dedicated individuals to train as Bricklayers. We will give you the skills and training to enable you to achieve an NVQ and very soon you will be one of our dedicated team of trades people working on any one of our 400 developments nationwide. Click on the dedicated page to find out more about "Up-skill to Construction" with Persimmon.
- Site-based labour; we are always keen to hear from, Bricklayers and Joiners whom we can consider on an individual basis or as part of a gang. If you have relevant experience there are a number of opportunities for you to join us, either directly employed or as a sub-contractor. Your nearest Persimmon business will have news of their current opportunities and details of our excellent pay and productivity bonuses.
The key to our success is to ensure we have the best workforce in the industry and we are committed to offering all our employees the opportunity to continue their personal development. As previous winners the Best Training and Staff Initiative at the HBF Innovation Awards, our commitment to developing new talent in the industry is well recognised.
The receipt of unsolicited candidate details from an Agency does not constitute the Company's acceptance of an introduction having been made.
Build your career
Create a profile in just minutes to gain free access to Persimmon job tools:
- Make applications
- Receive job alerts
- Save jobs
- Create your profile
- Upload your CV